You might already now that ‘goals‘ aren’t at all what I am about, so I usually don’t make new year’s resolutions. What’s the point of resolutions when I know I won’t keep them? For this year, I thought I’d give it another try and honestly think about next year…
1. Only do the things I like. (Unless I have to help a loved one or get tons of money for it)
2. Quit smoking.2. Not quit smoking. Maybe smoke a little less. At least use an electric cigarette when I’m sick.
3. Have an actual art show, even if it’s just a tiny one.
4. Find out what I wanna do with my life.
4. Get a clearer picture of what I wanna do with my life.
5. Get over my fucking anxieties. Or at least, learn to manage them better.
6. Maybe move to some other place for some time. Find out if I’m unhappy or if the city I live in makes me unhappy.
7. Stop giving a fuck.
7. Stop giving a fuck (even more than 2017).
8. Give myself the time I need for, well, everything.
9. Keep making art and designing t-shirts. Maybe sell them at a local design market.
10. Go to the gym more often. If I have time. As long as there’s nothing better to do, maybe.
11. Use social media less. Focus on who is physically in my life.
12. Still use social media to keep in contact with friends living abroad.
13. Start being on time for work. Or better yet, figure out ways for my boss not to realize how late I actually am.
14. Give up on my new year’s resolutions because they imply I don’t already try to be a better person.
15. Have fun. Have sex. Enjoy life. Stop worrying.
(16. Still make enough money not to get evicted.)
A question to all fellow Trainwrecks: Do you believe in the usefulness of resolutions? And if you had to summarize everything you want to achieve in 2018 in one sentence, how would you do it?
The Dark Side of Social Media – Part 1
Strange things I’ve learned in Indochina | Part 1
I’ll miss you, Chester Bennington
Sexuality as a spectrum
All gays have fetishes. And you do too.
Dear straight men, …
Top 10 Best LGBT Music Videos
Title photo by Christian Schnettelker